QV INK

Thor: Ragnarok Review

David Graham, Staff Writer

Ragnarok means the end of everything.  This is a surprising story line for any movie, so it was unexpected when Marvel decided to make a movie with that term in the title. For a sursprisingly dark title, Thor: Ragnarok is the most fun Marvel movie yet. Before I give my review, here is a brief synopsis.

SYNOPSIS

In Marvel Studios’ “Thor: Ragnarok,” Thor is imprisoned on the other side of the universe without his mighty hammer and finds himself in a race against time to get back to Asgard to stop Ragnarok–the destruction of his homeworld and the end of Asgardian civilization–at the hands of an all-powerful new threat, the ruthless Hela. But first he must survive a deadly gladiatorial contest that pits him against his former ally and fellow Avenger–the Incredible Hulk!

REVIEW

Despite being highly critically acclaimed, I did not think that this was Marvel’s finest movie. I feel like it relied too heavily on comedy instead of action, and the plot was very slow paced the first half the movie. After you get further into the movie, you can see the action getting a lot better, and you start to see the Marvel action that fans came to see. The final battle scene was one of the best in a Marvel movie that I have ever seen. To sum things up, in my opinion, the first half was the worst Marvel movie yet, and the second half is the best Marvel movie yet.

MY SCORE: C PLUS

(Current Rotten Tomato Score: 93%)

(Audience Score: 90%)