QV INK

Student Council Updates

Hope Linge, Staff Writer

The Student Council started their 60th year in September. The committees, spirit, social, and service, are in full swing with all of their projects.

The Social Committee just finished planning the school Haunted Hallways dance last Friday. They chose the ice-cream flavors, music, theme and much more. Everyone in the  committee is excited about how the first dance of the year turned out. Their next event will be the Christmas dance in December.

Meanwhile, the Service Committee is organizing many fundraisers around the school. Their most recent one was last Friday, when the entire school celebrated pink day and wear a hat for cancer. Students paid one dollar to wear a hat.

The Spirit Committee has been raising school spirit all over the building since the first day of school. Spirit Committee planned one of the first two assemblies of the year. On October 5, the high school band and cheerleaders came to the middle school for a fun afternoon. To kick it off the pep rally, the band performed their halftime show in the auditorium. The always crowd-pleasing Mr. Magnelli then helped to announce the fall sport teams. To finish off the assembly, Mr. Forrest was given the microphone for an energetic QV Bucs drawing. Some of the available prizes were Subway and Barnes and Noble gift cards. The Spirit Committee will next plan the Thanksgiving assembly.  

If you are interested in joining Student Council, see Ms. Bruno or Mrs. Hollien.